вторник, 21 октября 2008 г.

auction mebane




Past couple of days have been a blur and will continue to be as such until Mid-November. Posting and picture-taking will be sporadic at best. Rather, there wonapos;t be much variety since Iapos;m not going to cool parts of Tokyo.

Had a bit of an emotional melt down today over the fact that I am not understanding Japanese as fast as I hope to. Stewart, that dear soul, tried to keep my optimistic by saying that while he has the better grasp of the grammar, I have been the one to correct him on other things equally as important in Japanese (vocab, how to properly write an essay on the essay paper, etc...) I still was feeling rather defeated and when I went out to go find some place to just collapse into a small ball, a wild Miki appeared. Miki is Thai, and "Miki" is actually just a nickname since being Thai and all, she has an impossible to pronounce and horrendously long first and last name. She was sweet and started to console me. Turns out sheapos;s not doing to hot in J3 and will probably go through Intensive 2 with me (meaning sheapos;s retaking J3 more or less and then learning J4) so for the first half Iapos;ll have someone with experience to lean on.

I didnapos;t do so hot on another test. A little better than the last test (by a whole point) but still, worrisome. Professor Sato had me come to her office today to review the test and she agrees that itapos;s very simple mistakes that Iapos;ve been making. I can turn my grade around, I know it.

After that, I went and talked to Professor Robinson about my term paper and potential future plans. He made the recommendation of if I decide on Graduate School to look into Area Studies, since you can choose a focus and perhaps even find something that might be more to my calling as itapos;s a cross-discipline course. Sounds like a groovy idea.

Get back to the dorm in time for dinner and I decide to email Sho (my surgeon student who offers far, far too much money) about whether or not we can meet again in the next coming weeks, though not until mid-late November due to exams and whatnot. I get this reply back:

"I would like to be your boyfriend. Can you do that?"

...

...

...

...yikes.

I emailed him backing saying, "No, I cannot do that. I am sorry. There is someone waiting for me back home." Hopefully this does not make him decide to stop conversating with me. If all he wanted was a white, American girlfriend, Craigslist might have given better results >_>;

Peace, love and kisses,
E
auction mebane, auction meares, auction mcsherry.



Комментариев нет: