суббота, 18 октября 2008 г.

area segment circle




It looks like Qwest assigned a new set of IP addresses to their Portland DSL hubs, or at least the ones I connect through. Google apparently does not know what geographic location they are associated with, even though the associate host name is [IP].ptld.qwest.net, and since they have some issue with trademark infringement ("Gmail") in Germany, it looks like they assume all unknown IPs are in Germany.

What does this do to me? Well, I use Gmail, and I can no longer type "gmail.com"; I had to change my bookmark to "mail.google.com". OK, no big deal.

But now, any site that has ads supplied by Google (LJ, /., others) tends to show me ads in German. In some ways, itapos;s more comical than annoying, but where I normally just ignore ads, they sort of jump out at me now, since they arenapos;t quite as clearly related to what Iapos;m looking at.

Anyway, is anyone else here using Qwest DSL, and if so, have you noticed similar issues since they added the 90.120.*.* netblock to the 70.*.*.* netblock they had been using before?

cloudsat nasa, area segment circle, area segment of a circle, area segment of circle.



Комментариев нет: